To see a selection of my paintings, please visit my web site at www.susangarrington.com or visit with me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/susangarringtonpaintings .




Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Westdel Bourne Sheep


This is a watercolour done after one of the Gallery Painting Group's paint outs. I had done a graphite sketch of the amazing barn on location, intending to paint it in watercolour at home in my studio. However, when I saw the sheep with their personalities so clearly visible on their faces, I was enchanted and took several photos of them before I left. I decide to use one of the triadic colour schemes I have been playing with to paint the sheep in front of the barn. When I was finished I cropped the barn out of the painting entirely and was happy with the result. I will paint the barn another time.....perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment