To see a selection of my paintings, please visit my web site at www.susangarrington.com or visit with me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/susangarringtonpaintings .




Saturday, July 9, 2011

Sketchbook: Victoria Park: New Field Sketch Box


Gate at Central and Richmond
  I met up with Cheryl to do some sketching and to test out a new set of watercolours made by Sakura, a Koi water color field sketch box. It will take some getting used to, but the advantage of the little brush which holds water (so you don't need to cart around bottles of water as well as something to contain the water while you work )was wonderful for sketching (especially now when the airboot thing on my foot makes getting around tricky enough). I am not convinced it would do for a painting on location, but for sketchbook work it was great. The whole thing fit easily into my bag so I can take it with me everywhere! The sketch above was done with the Koi watercolors and then modified with pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment