To see a selection of my paintings, please visit my web site at www.susangarrington.com or visit with me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/susangarringtonpaintings .




Friday, October 14, 2011

Sketching In Italy


I was fortunate to be able to travel to Italy with a group of artists lead by Daphne and Kevin Bice in a Novack's Avid Traveller tour called Artists in Italy. We flew to Rome and then travelled by bus to Cortona. Along the way we passed through some enchanting countryside and I took photos like mad from the bus window. Many of these will be the inspiration for paintings I am sure. In Cortona I did several sketches, some of which are posted below.We did a day trip to Florence, which was magnificent and again my photos will inspire some paintings! After a week in Cortona we went to Venice. I did a few sketches in Venice but had succumbed to a rather nasty cold which developed into bronchitis and found it difficult to work while coughing. Again I have several photos to inspire paintings.










No comments:

Post a Comment