To see a selection of my paintings, please visit my web site at www.susangarrington.com or visit with me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/susangarringtonpaintings .




Thursday, January 7, 2010

Snow In Our Garden



I am waiting for one of those fabulous January days when the sun shines, the snow sparkles and the blue sky beckons to get outside and sketch. In the meantime, I have been looking at the snow in our garden (and everywhere else ) and have been inspired to work on a painting from one of my previous sketches of Medway Creek in winter. I am working on a full sheet using a limited palette of the complimentary colours raw sienna and ultramarine blue. I may add one or two others as the painting progresses.
On a different note, the sorting, cleaning, tossing out and donating of various items continues in the basement. Who knew we could accumulate so much stuff? Tomorrow the electrician arrives to begin the necessary changes in order to put in new lighting.


No comments:

Post a Comment