To see a selection of my paintings, please visit my web site at www.susangarrington.com or visit with me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/susangarringtonpaintings .




Thursday, March 18, 2010

Oh JOY

So.... the studio had one last step to go before completion, removing the old wall to wall carpet and installing the flooring. We had a phone call to inform us that the flooring had arrived and the installer called to set up a day to complete the project. The basement where my studio will be located has been dry for over 30 years. However, when we began to pull up the carpet we discovered water at the edge of the floor. A call to the plumber and a few hours later we were informed that groundwater was coming into the basement.... OH JOY...at least I think that is what I said...it may have been a slightly more profane remark. So.... the city was called to make inquiries about a sump pump subsidy program, the floor installer called to delay installation of the new floor and I am now faced with visions of concrete being jackhammered, pump and pipes being installed, money flying out of my account and then, maybe, fingers crossed, I can begin to move into my studio at last. OH JOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment