To see a selection of my paintings, please visit my web site at www.susangarrington.com or visit with me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/susangarringtonpaintings .




Saturday, January 21, 2012

Weekly Sketching


This is my pencil sketch.





My friend Cheryl and I get together once a week to sketch together. We have been doing this for about a year now. This week we decided to meet at Dundas and Richmond in the Starbuck's coffee shop with the intention of sketching the view through the windows of the buildings across the street. It was snowing heavily and many people were scurrying through the cold and snow as well as waiting just outside the window for their bus. Needless to say, our view was pretty much obstructed. After chatting for quite a while  we decided to do a 5 minute sketch of the people inside the shop. While it was fun, I didn't produce anything much. I had taken some photos through the window and on my way back to the car too. Most of them were pretty uninspiring, but when I severely cropped one I ended up with something I wanted to sketch. I did a pencil sketch first and then the next day I began a small watercolour painting which I finished today. I am now considering painting a larger piece in acrylic on canvas.

This is the small watercolour.

No comments:

Post a Comment