To see a selection of my paintings, please visit my web site at www.susangarrington.com or visit with me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/susangarringtonpaintings .




Monday, April 30, 2012

Sweet Tea and Memories

Sweet Tea
This watercolour painting is called Sweet Tea. The tea pot shape is the silhouette of a very small tea pot, a salesman's sample of a royal crown derby tea pot, which belonged to my late Aunt Dorothy. The sweet peas are from the pattern on a cup and saucer inherited from my Mom. The black background with the green crescent shape is inspired by the saucer which was black with a white centre. Since the tablecloth is white, I made the centre green, repeating the green from the stems of the sweet peas.
This is a departure from my usual work, being more decorative in nature and certainly not a landscape or city view, or a traditional watercolour, but I enjoyed painting it and the memories of loved ones it engendered.

No comments:

Post a Comment