To see a selection of my paintings, please visit my web site at www.susangarrington.com or visit with me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/susangarringtonpaintings .




Sunday, May 27, 2012

Architectural Details Blackfriars Estate Condominiums

 This heritage home in a parklike setting along the Thames River was the location for two Gallery Painting Group paint outs this past week. These studies of a couple of the architectural details which caught my eye were done in pen and watersoluable ink, so I could go back in with a wet brush to soften some areas.
The home was originally built in the Italianate style by a man named Kent and later became owned by the Catholic Church and was used by the Bishop and named Blackfriars. The Catholic diocese sold the building a few years ago and it has now been converted into large condos, preserving the original architecture. The gardens are lovely and have statues, terraces, pathways,ponds and fountains. These paint outs will certainly be my inspiration for some paintings in the near future.


No comments:

Post a Comment