To see a selection of my paintings, please visit my web site at www.susangarrington.com or visit with me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/susangarringtonpaintings .




Saturday, May 19, 2012

Gallery Painting Group: Wild Phlox

 Yesterday the Gallery Painting Group was invited to paint at the home of one of our members. It is a property on Westdelbourne which was called Fern Hill in days past. There are still lovely ferns on the hill where the house is located, but we were there to paint the wild phlox which were blooming in a wooded field down near Dingman Creek.  My first sketch was of  trees and phlox which reminded me of the day a few years ago spent painting in a wood near Turville, U.K., which was full of bluebells. In both cases the weather was perfect
 My second sketch was a closer view of the wild phlox. This sketch and the one above were done in watercolour on paper which had previously been coated with Daniel Smith watercolour ground.
My last was a pen and watercolour done in my sketchbook on paper previously coated with gesso.

No comments:

Post a Comment