To see a selection of my paintings, please visit my web site at www.susangarrington.com or visit with me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/susangarringtonpaintings .




Thursday, June 28, 2012

A Work In Progress

A few days ago I went to the Thames River near Blackfriars Street Bridge to sketch with the Gallery Painting Group. Here is where we were.





Here is the first thumbnail I did. I liked the way the very dark shadows on the rocks seemed to lead back to the bridge.


The second thumbnail was less concerned with values and more with the shapes and randomness of the exposed river rocks.
Finally I did a quick watercolour sketch. I now have enough information to begin working on a painting in my studio. When the painting has been completed I'll post a photo on my blog. I may include a heron we saw perched up in the trees. You can see him ( her ?) in the photo below.







1 comment: