To see a selection of my paintings, please visit my web site at www.susangarrington.com or visit with me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/susangarringtonpaintings .




Thursday, June 7, 2012

Studies of Poppies

Poppy Study 1, June 4
I belong to an artists' co-op gallery in Grand Bend, Sunset Arts. Last Saturday it was my turn to work in the gallery. On my way home I noticed a beautiful garden of poppies in front of a store beside the highway.  I didn't have time to stop but I went back this week to do some very quick sketches ( the garden was very close to the highway and it didn't feel very safe to set up there with traffic whizzing by) and to take lots of photos.  Since then I have been happily painting small studies of poppies. I have been playing around with composition and with background colours. These two are my most successful to date, but I think I need to do some more studies before I start my painting. When I finish the painting, I'll post it here.
Poppy Study 2, June 5

No comments:

Post a Comment