To see a selection of my paintings, please visit my web site at www.susangarrington.com or visit with me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/susangarringtonpaintings .




Thursday, May 6, 2010

Spring: Birds Singing, Flowers Blooming...... Jackhammers Hammering

                                                                                      
Outside the world is birdsong while lilac breezes drift through our garden and old friends return... tulips planted when we moved here over 30 years ago, a gift from my late father; violets and lily of the valley and bleeding heart from my late mother's garden; beautiful, exotic (to me) trilliums, a wonderful mother's day gift from my daughter and grandson.   Inside, in our basement, men are at work! The required permits have been taken care of, the paperwork from the city completed and approved and at long last the final construction work can begin. I am hoping to be able to move into my studio in a few more weeks.  To me, the sound of these jackhammers is just as sweet as the birdsong outside, although I am not sure that the neighbours, or the birds for that matter, would agree.                            




No comments:

Post a Comment