To see a selection of my paintings, please visit my web site at www.susangarrington.com or visit with me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/susangarringtonpaintings .




Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter...I'm Getting Ready for Paint Out Season

Flowers from Cathy and Daniel
I spent this morning getting my paint out gear ready in an attempt to hurry up the season. This fabulous weather has me itching to get outside and paint! I am very much looking forward to the Gallery Painting Group Paint Out season. I wonder where we will paint this year? We usually go painting every Tuesday and Saturday, sometimes to public places and other times to private homes and farms. It really is a wonderful club to belong to with a long history here in London... over fifty years!  Painting on location has its challenges...mosquitoes and horse and deer flies being my pet peeves... but there is nothing so exhilarating, relaxing, inspiring and enjoyable ( in spite of the previously mentioned pet peeves) as working on location with a group of like minded souls. At the end of each paint out we have a critique of each others' work and it is so much fun to see what has inspired the other painters. Occasionally we hire an artist to accompany us and to give an on site workshop. These have been very useful and a great deal of fun too. Our members use a variety of media ( oil, watercolour, acrylic, graphite, pen and ink, oil pastels). There are those who prefer landscape, others who love architecture, some who paint flowers or animals, some who have a variety of painting subjects. For me, one of the most enjoyable aspects of belonging to this club is having had the opportunity to meet so many interesting people, both club members and those who offer their property for us to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment