To see a selection of my paintings, please visit my web site at www.susangarrington.com or visit with me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/susangarringtonpaintings .




Thursday, April 1, 2010

Colour Therapy

In an attempt to forget the ongoing reno problems I purchased a lovely book called Confident Color, written by Nita Leland, and have set up shop on my kitchen table in order to work through some colour exercises and ideas. Working on the colour reference card templates is perfect because they are small and easily accommodated in this temporary set up. I have been exploring the colours on my palette, combining them in new ways and also working through some of the triads described in the book . I have found some I like and have used them in subsequent small paintings ( 1/4 sheet size or smaller) and have been pretty happy with the results. I have posted some of these below.

French Village 1


Forest Floor, October

Medway, October

French Village 2

No comments:

Post a Comment