To see a selection of my paintings, please visit my web site at www.susangarrington.com or visit with me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/susangarringtonpaintings .




Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Heart of Old South: Summer Chairs: # 2

Summer Chairs # 2

On the left is Summer Chairs #2 , one of my paintings that will be in the group show, The Heart of Old South, at The Art Exchange from November 21st to December 24th.
 I love the porches on many of the homes in Old South London.  As a child I spent many pleasant summer afternoons on my great aunt's porch on Winsor Ave.
As I walked through Old South while preparing for the show, I began to notice all the different chairs on the porches I saw. That started me thinking about the summer chairs we use on porches, decks and lawns in the summer. I began to play with images of chairs. Summer Chairs #1 was the result , a pen and ink piece you can see at the show or on my website. ( Just click on galleries and choose Old South London. )
I had so much fun with Summer Chairs #1  that I did a second similar piece in watercolour and pen. I added geraniums both in watercolour and in pen in the background  as a reference to all the Geranium Walks that have been held in Old South London.

No comments:

Post a Comment