To see a selection of my paintings, please visit my web site at www.susangarrington.com or visit with me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/susangarringtonpaintings .




Friday, November 18, 2011

The Heart of Old South: Window on Wortley

Window On Wortley
This is another painting that will be in the show, The Heart of Old South at The Art Exchange.
One of the really delightful things about Wortley Village in Old South is the way the independent shopkeepers take the time to make their shops attractive with unique window displays, window boxes, and signs.
If you have ever driven or walked down Wortley Road, you can't help but have noticed the shop at the corner of Emery and Wortley with its bright yellow bicycle and fabulous window boxes exploding with seasonal flowers.
In my painting, Window On Wortley, I have chosen to paint from the interior of the shop. The bicycle is purple because it works better in the painting that way. Peeking through the spokes of the bicycle are spring daffodils, one of my favourite spring flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment