To see a selection of my paintings, please visit my web site at www.susangarrington.com or visit with me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/susangarringtonpaintings .




Saturday, November 19, 2011

The Heart of Old South : Wortley Village Homes

Wortley Village Homes
This painting is the result of  a walk through the village with a good friend noticing the amazing variety of roof lines and porch styles to be found in Old South, as well as  stained glass windows of all shapes and sizes. In order to show the roof lines and porches, it was necessary to use an angle that did not allow a good view of the windows. I decided to use elements from a stained glass window seen on a previous walk in the village, as a border. The painting itself then became part of a stained glass window. To avoid symmetry I added the words along the left.
I have explored roof lines in other paintings which may be seen in this show.

No comments:

Post a Comment