To see a selection of my paintings, please visit my web site at www.susangarrington.com or visit with me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/susangarringtonpaintings .




Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Daniel's First Paint Out

The Gallery Painting Group met this morning at a farm on Westdel Bourne. My husband and I took our grandson, Daniel, who is five, along for his first paint out. We wandered around the property, visiting the cows, watching the sheep and horses and examining the farm equipment up close. Of course we took lots of photos too.The weather was damp, cold and windy, but Daniel and I hunkered down behind the car, out of the wind, and we were dressed in lots of layers so it was enjoyable for us both to do some sketching while my husband walked the property again taking more photos. Daniel did three sketches...two of clouds and one of the cow who had earlier seemed very interested in Daniel.We all three took a hot chocolate and windmill cookie tailgate break and then finished up our sketches. I did a pen sketch with watercolour added at home this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment