To see a selection of my paintings, please visit my web site at www.susangarrington.com or visit with me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/susangarringtonpaintings .




Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Sketching Buildings

I have been meeting with my friend, Cheryl Radford, once a week for a few months in order to try to improve my sketching skills, particularly sketching buildings,  in preparation for an upcoming trip to Italy where most of what I will be seeing (and painting) is architecture. Cheryl does beautiful architectural sketches, so her work is certainly an inspiration! Today we met at Starbucks on Richmond Street and then walked down until we found something promising to sketch. I worked first in graphite and then in ink to produce the sketch above. Hopefully we will continue to meet and sketch so that by the time we are in Italy buildings won't be so difficult for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment