To see a selection of my paintings, please visit my web site at www.susangarrington.com or visit with me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/susangarringtonpaintings .




Thursday, May 5, 2011

A Visit to Sifton Bog in London Ontario

My husband and I spent the afternoon at the Sifton Bog with our grandson. The weather was perfect and there were so many beautiful things to see. The tamaracks are in bud, lovely soft green misty shapes. Because the trees are not yet in leaf, blue sky is reflected everywhere, dancing and sparkling in the sun. Spring green clumps of moss are dotted through the bog along with geen shoots of all sorts including skunk cabbage which hasn't yet unfurled. I took several photos and will return as soon as I possibly can to sketch and perhaps do some watercolour studies. So much inspiring subject matter to choose from, but today was for family, not for sketching. Our grandson had a great time watching dragonflies, ducks, and geese and he spotted a racoon asleep up in a tree. We looked for, but did not see deer. We did run into a long time friend and artist who was also looking for and finding lots of painting material. After our walk we stopped and enjoyed coffee, juice and a snack sitting on rocks in the sun, chatting about all we had seen and heard. A great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment