To see a selection of my paintings, please visit my web site at www.susangarrington.com or visit with me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/susangarringtonpaintings .




Saturday, May 28, 2011

More Buildings

I spent the day sketching at Fanshawe Pioneer Village. The Gallery Painting Group held a workshop there today with most painters working in oil. I did two sketches of buildings, even though there were some wonderful vistas for landscape paintings. I promised myself that I could do landscape on Tuesday when we meet again, and so I completed two sketches of buildings using pen and ink with watercolour. The first is the Millar home and the second is the Peel residence.

Fanshawe Pioneer Village is a nice place to visit and sketching subjects are everywhere...lovely old buildings, cabins, gardens, antique farm equipment, people in period dress, lovely shop windows....an endless array of possibilities. I am sure to return here to sketch several times over the next few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment